Saturday, November 3, 2012

The misadventures of Gavin round 1


Gavin nervously sat down in a booth near the middle of the restaurant. This was his solution to “Wooing his fair maiden”, inviting her to dinner. True, it wasn’t entirely his idea, Finian had suggested not letting Allyson cook. Gavin reminded himself to think him later.

A bell tinkled and Gavin sat ramrod straight as the object of his affection walked in. Allyson had dressed nicely for the night, (by nicely he means she brushed her hair and put on a dress shirt.) and Gavin found himself unable to stop staring. She sat down across from him, smiling and picking up the menu. Who knows how long later, the waitress showed up, breaking Gavin out of his trance. He quickly ordered a sweet tea, and turned back to Allyson.

“S-so, how are you?” He blurted out.  She giggled.

“Gavin, what’s with you? I saw you not twenty minutes ago. Are you sick? Your face is red.” Gavin’s blush increased. Luckily the waitress came back with their drinks, and Gavin promptly gulped some of it down.

“So, what can I get for you two?” The waitress asked.

“M-macaroni and c-cheese for me, p-please ma’am.”  Gavin stuttered. She turned to Allyson.

“Chicken noodle soup please!” Gavin secretly wondered if Allyson had an off button when it came to soup. Probably not.  Ally grinned at him.

“So, how did you manage to convince Finian to stay at home anyway? He really loves going out to eat! I don’t see why when I am perfectly good at making dinner, but…” Gavin, recently recovered from his last blushing spree, half choked on his drink and reddened.

“I-I um, really, really wanted to eat out, w-with just you. I wanted to t-talk to you. I g-guess Finian understood that.” The poor boy cocked his head, a shaky grin on his face.

“Hmm. I suppose that makes since. And what was it you wanted to talk to me about?”

“ I-I-I-I-I-I-I um… I l-lo-lov-“ 

“Here is your Mac and Cheese, and your Chicken Noodle Soup, can I get you anything else?”  Gavin banged his head down on the table in frustration, but gave a thumbs up at the waitress. “Alright, enjoy your meal!” The waitress nodded her head and left. Allyson poked Gavin’s head

“Gavin!” a muffled noise was heard. “What? I can’t hear you. Speak up. Gavin, what were you going to say?”The teen’s head shot up.

“I said I love you!” Gavin’s face went from bright red to pale in about three seconds. Ally’s dark skin flushed. “I-I… I said that out loud, d-didn’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment